Iranian General Warns Ready for Decisive Battle with US, ’Israel’

Armed forces chief of staff General Hassan Firouzabadi warned the Islamic republic's arch-foes that Iran is prepared for a "decisive battle" if attacked. "We are ready for the decisive battle with America and the Zionist regime," Fars quoted Firouzabadi as saying. He also warned neighboring nations not to allow any attack to be launched on Iran from their soil. "We do not have any hostility towards regional states, but if we are ever attacked from the American bases in the region we will strike that area back," he said. US Secretary of State John Kerry said late last month that if diplomacy with Iran fails, "the military option of the United States is ready and prepared to do what it would have to do". Firouzabadi accused the US of bluffing. "Over the past decade, they brought their forces but came to the conclusion that they can't attack us and left," he said, dismissing the US military threat as nothing but a "political bluff". Firouzabadi said that the enemies have been studying military invasion of Iran throughout the last ten years, "they even moved their troops to the region, but eventually came to the conclusion that they lack the ability [to wage war on Iran] and left the region". "Yet, we warn that if an attack is launched on our troops from any territory, we will invade all the possessions of the enemy," he reiterated. "We do not feel any hostility for any of the regional state, but if we are targeted from the US bases in the region, we will hit those bases." Also on Sunday, Iranian Defense Minister Brigadier General Hossein Dehqan underlined that the Iranian Armed Forces will give an inconceivable response to any possible enemy aggression, adding that the threatening remarks of the US officials cannot prevent the country from continuing its nuclear fuel production. "The Iranian Armed Forces are an intertwined and coherent complex which can give a decisive response to any threat at any level and any place under the command of the Commander-in-Chief," Dehqan said in Tehran, addressing the defense ministry personnel on the occasion of the 35th anniversary of the victory of the Islamic Revolution. President Hassan Rouhani said on Tuesday the West should not have and delusions about using a military option. "I say explicitly, if some have delusions of having any threats against Iran on their tables, they need to wear new glasses. There is no military option against Iran on any table in the world," he said. Source; alahednews