Global Baqi' day: The day Saudi Tyrants destroyed Jannatul Baqi
Shawwal 8 – the day when in 1926 Saudi rulers Al-e-Saud bulldozed the holy shrines of Prophet Hazrat Muhammad (peace be on him & his pure progeny)’s pious progeny, wives (may Allah please with them) and companions (may Allah please with them) in the cemetery of Al-Baqee, Medinah Al-Munawwarah, Saudi Arabia sending a wave of anger among the Muslim Ummah
The cemetery of Janna-tul-Baqee, located in Saudi city of Madinah, is the most sanctified graveyard. In 1926, 8 Shawwal 1344 A.H., the ruling Saudi Government of Aal-e-Saud destructed the holy shrines of Ahl-e-Bait (AS), honorable companions of the Prophet of Islam (P.B.U.H), Ummaha-tul-Momineen (RA) and a number of important figures of Islam.
Inside Baqee are the holy graves of:
* The Mistress of the women of Paradise Sayyida Fatimah Zahra (SA), the beloved daughter of Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H) according to some sayings .
* Imam Hassan Al-Mujtaba Bin Ali Ibn-e-Abi Talib (AS)
* Imam Ali Zaynul Abideen (AS)
* Imam Muhammad Baqir (AS)
* Imam Jafer As-Sadiq (AS)
* Fatimah Binte Asad (SA), mother of Imam Ali Ibn-e-Abi Talib (AS)
* Ummul Baneen (SA), wife of Imam Ali (AS) and mother of Hazrat Abbas Alamdar (AS)
* Hazrat Ibrahim (AS), the son of Prophet (P.B.U.H)
* Safia (RA) and Hazrat Atika (RA), paternal aunts of Prophet (P.B.U.H)
* The wives of Prophet (P.B.U.H) including Hazrat Umm-e-Salma (RA).
* Haleemah-e-Saadia (RA)
* The injured Ghazi of the battle of Ohad who were brought to Madinah and later died
* Hazrat Abbas (RA), Uncle of the Prophet (P.B.U.H).